Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
As an inclusive, welcoming community, Missouri S&T strives to build a creative learning environment marked by openness, understanding and a shared value of all people and perspectives. The chief diversity officer plays a vital role in leading these efforts.
Today I am announcing the beginning of a nationwide search for S&T’s chief diversity officer (CDO). The University of Missouri System’s human resources executive recruitment team and members of the S&T Chief Diversity Officer Search Committee will collaborate to conduct the search.
I am pleased to announce the following individuals who have agreed to serve on the CDO search committee:
- Kevin McDonald, chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer for the University of Missouri System
- Dr. Steven Corns, president-elect of Faculty Senate and associate professor of engineering management and systems engineering
- Dr. Lana Alagha, associate professor of mining and nuclear engineering
- Theresa Busch, administrative assistant in engineering management and systems engineering
- Rhonda Byers, director of human resources (ex-officio)
- Dr. Patti J. Fleck, director of counseling services
- Lister Florence, S&T alumnus and Trustee
- Dr. Gregory Gelles, chair and professor of economics
- John Held, director of planned giving
- Oscar Kemp, police lieutenant for University Police
- Anas Massri, assistant vice chancellor for fiscal services
- Julia Morgan, graduate student in systems engineering
- Dr. Susan Murray, professor and chair of psychological science
- Dr. Pourya Shamsi, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering
University of Missouri System search team:
- Tim McIntosh, director of recruitment for the UM System
- Tracy Fuemmeler, senior human resources consultant for the UM System
As the search process unfolds, we will hold listening sessions with finalists at S&T. I encourage you to participate in these forums and share your voice.
Christopher G. Maples, Ph.D.
Online calendar: chancellor.mst.edu/where-is-chris